Driven to Espresso: Drive-through Coffee Stands in the Northwest

If you think coffee culture is cool, you have come to the right place. I have loads of information and opinions to share about espresso in the Pacific Northwest, especially the drive-through phenomenon.


Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Dwarfed



One of the things I think makes the drive-through espresso stand business so popular for budding entrepreneurs is that the buildings are manageably small. How much could go wrong with a 200 sq ft building? (Probably get an earful from that one!)

One of the photogenic qualities I captured over and over were the proportional relationship these buildings have in their surroundings. Not too many of them are actually in the published book, however, because I felt it would get redundant. Here's an alternate composition of one I did include in the book, but from a greater distance. It's in Spokane - Walnut Street Espresso.

Do you notice there are no cars? I sometimes had to wait quite a while to photograph drive-throughs without cars, for obvious reasons. In this shot, there are also no cars on the road between the buildings and me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home