Driven to Espresso: Drive-through Coffee Stands in the Northwest

If you think coffee culture is cool, you have come to the right place. I have loads of information and opinions to share about espresso in the Pacific Northwest, especially the drive-through phenomenon.


Friday, February 01, 2008

An update on the project


Hi again. I'm very excited because I am now exploring the option of self-publishing. I would still welcome a relationship with a publisher, because there would be much more resource available to publicize and distribute my book -- the two steps I am not very experienced at. I think the upfront efforts and costs of producing and printing the book are very manageable by myself. In the end, much more of the profits would come directly to me -- assuming there are profits -- as opposed to the typical royalties on a book such as this one. In any case, I would have much more satisfaction in "calling the shots" and having exactly the product that I am envisioning.

Now that I have a very professional-looking mockup of the book, I have shown it to retailers to get their input, and I am thrilled with the response. One bookstore employee even suggested that it is something they would want in their window.

1 Comments:

Blogger PooBahSpiel said...

Thanks for giving me a call when you came down to Tacoma. It was great fun checking out stands with you. Will keep my eyes peeled for new ones for you.

2/16/08, 3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home