Driven to Espresso: Drive-through Coffee Stands in the Northwest

If you think coffee culture is cool, you have come to the right place. I have loads of information and opinions to share about espresso in the Pacific Northwest, especially the drive-through phenomenon.


Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Traveling with Driven to Espresso

Here is a wonderful email I received from a reader. No, I think I'd have to call her a fan.

Hello Ray, I wanted to let you know how much we have enjoyed your book! I purchased three: one for us, one for my boss, and one for my son in law, Bill, who works for Rodale Press in Emmaus, Pa. All are avid espresso fans. Bill had recently done a story for Bicycling Magazine on Starbucks coffeehouses in Seattle, rode his bicycle to all of them and was he wired when he got to our house in Olympia, Wa.
I think you may have received an email from our friend, Jeff, who traveled down the Oregon coast on vacation last year with us. My husband got this great idea of finding the stands in your book and getting someone to sign on the page. We had the best time and all the stands we found were so tickled to see and sign the book. We even stopped at one that was closed, but the owner pulled in as we were leaving. She not only signed the book, but insisted on making us lattes on the house -- what fun.
We went to our very own Filling Station Espresso here in Olympia and have become regulars there. The owner there asked where she could get a book so I looked you up online. We found that most of the stands are now operated by the owners.
We plan to do all of the Seattle area stands this summer, (Bill insists we wait until they get here on vacation) and are really looking forward to more fun!

Thanks, Carol!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home